Monday 16 September 2013

Day 5

Today was the start of fashion week and the press team were in and out of the office at press days today, this made me feel a little relaxed because I didn't feel like I was being watched all the time.

We had to make sure all the Eudon Choi gifting was sent out to celebrities and get the last lot of returns sent back to the Oxford street store. I did alot of high res image sending today for magazine briefs, this is something I really enjoy because I have some kind of freedom in what I pick and it would be great to see if any of the stuff I did send images of gets used in a feature. It's a little nod to myself that I'm on the right tracks in some respects. 

I didn't get an invite to the Eudon choi screening, this is because interns are only used on the door for events and you have to know what majority of press look like to prevent unwanted guests coming in. Because the other intern has been there a long time she knows the press, so she got to go. I must admit this did make me feel a little downhearted. But in reflection I understand that RI must utilise people's strengths and having me there would probably make me a hindrance not a help. I have to learn to grow thicker skin and not take things so personally.

I also was a little gutted that I didn't get to go and do the street style pics for lfw as myself and one of the other girls had previously discussed. Again I think they wanted to utilise the intern with more knowledge which is frustrating to me because I want to prove myself however I don't see how I can do this just bagging returns and doing basic jobs. I do consistently ask and offer to do things. Persistent is key I think.

I did however get to build the PowerPoint for the rihanna coverage to be sent to head office, this was a really simple task but I enjoyed the research and the visual side of putting it all together, layouts are a strong point for me I discovered through uni and now this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment