Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day 3

Today I got to work at a better time because the trains were different , when I got the office I had to get everyone breakfast which was fine as I'm really used to remembering orders now. I also know everyone's name. When I returned the press controller was very stressed because a member of staff in head office was supposed to send samples to rihanna and Melissa a model and they were checking out of their hotel at 11. I was told to pack the items for gifting and told that I would need to take them there personally. Myself and the other intern both ended up going because there. Was so many bags and by this point it was 10 to 11. I then had to hail a cab for the first time ever and we had to direct the driver to 45 park lane with google maps, we jumped out the cab and waited in the lobby. I felt so important doing this job, and we made it in time and ensured rihanna and Melissa got their samples. When we returned to the office I was in charge of sorting out the returns to store.

I learn alot about the returns and booking out today. We have a show room in the office in which members of magazines and press can come vie anew collections and take pieces for editorials etc. samples are to be hung on clear hangers and displayed with a press tag in the show room. Store pieces will have a store label on. And are to be hung on regular silver river island hangers put into groups of ten by women's / men's / accessories and kids and then a tag is to be written on they are to be bagged and we have enough we book them out on the e portal on the computer and arrange a courtier. Samples that are returned usually have a RVR number on which also has to be typed into the same w portal to notify head office they have returned. This is a much better system then closer - which was all on paper. The e portal has pictures of the items and the person they were booked out by. Almost like a clothi libary. Today's allowed me to get really comfortable with this programme. I successfully cleared all 3 huge boxes in the show room and the press controller was very inpressed.

We then had the job of getting the show room back to looking like a show room because it had been taken over by the model casting. I told one of the team I had visual merchandising experiance and she let me VM one bay and has left it how I did it.

Before I went home I helped the make press officer bag an all black story for an editorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment