Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day 1 - Riverisland PR

It is currently day one, lunch time of my internship with River Island's PR office. I am already enjoying this internship so much more than my previous one. The office and team are smaller. Which makes me feel ill be able to build a report with each member hopefully. There is also 2 long term interns here, which is good, because unlike last time I don't feel like we are in competition and it's good to have someone to turn too. I've came on a great week. Fashion week is fast approaching and today Rihannas two American stylist are here in the office doing castings for rihannas new collection, so exciting. I've been doing coffee runs for them and soaking up the atmosphere. In terms of work RI are alot more organised, they have a internship book with a really good guide on everything. This morning myself and one of the long term Interbs have been going through the weekends newspapers and media for features and missed opportunists and filing these correctly. For missed opportunities we are to detail this in a spreadsheet and for pieces we are featured in we have to scan them and save them on to a hard drive for the members of the teams to do their reports. I feel alot more confident now with photocopiers - which although a small thing it's alot more reasurring. I've been told I've came on a good week and I'm really looking forward to it and feeling positive the team are so much more welcoming. I am getting to grips with names by writing them down. We are also sorting out gifting for celebrities this afternoon and their is a rather big launch bash tomorrow. 

Key words:
Show room : for magazines, editors Eric to visit and select pieces
Missed opportunities : publications we were not published in but competitiors were 

No comments:

Post a Comment